Why I ride...

"In the Wind". That's what they call motorcycle riding on the open rode. And its a perfect way to put it. There's not more satisfying to me than to get up to speed on an empty road on my motorcycle.
Yep, that's it. What I ride. 2005 Yamaha V-Star Silverado. I just settle in to that big assed seat and let it roll down the road. But to understand riding a motorcycle, you've got to experience. I just don't think a rider can possibly explain to a non-rider why they love it. They just do. There's a certain freedom that comes with riding that just can't be experienced anywhere else. Well...maybe skydiving...but without the screaming.
I usually ride with someone else. Not on my bike, but on their own. I notice out there that most riders do too. While I'm riding I have no idea why, because I don't pay attention to them or anyone else when I'm out there. I just roll on down the road. Don't let that sound like I don't want to be with a partner though. Because the beauty of a partner starts when the bikes stop. Breakfast, gas, a little drink and a snack....and lots of conversation. A good friend is a good thing to have on the road.
Next month we're planning a ride from Colorado to San Antonio, Texas. I just can't wait. 1,000 miles each way. The original plan is 500 miles each day, with a one-day break in San Antonio. But lately we've been talking about doing the trip down in one long shot. There's an organization called the Iron Butt Association that awards a patch for a 1,000 mile ride in under 24 hours. And since we're riding 1,o00 miles anyway, why not earn the patch?
There's many different other categories, with the ultimate being 10,000 miles in 10 days. Now that's an Iron Butt.
So I ride. Come ride with me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home